- The cottage season opens at the end of March and closes at the end of October.
- Some cottages are available outside the season and for Christmas and New Year. Longer lets are also available in certain cottages.
- Dogs are welcome (limit of 2) with a cleaning supplement in all cottages, with the exception of Timber Cottage. In the summer months, there are ticks in the long grass and we highly recommend you give your dog tick treatment before arrival.
- A RIB is used to transport you to the island on arrival and departure days. A quad and trailer will transport your luggage to your cottage then again on departure (South Shore only by boat).
- There is the opportunity to leave the island on a Wednesday. Journeys outside this can be negotiated but are subject to a charge of £40 each way.
- We provide towels, bed linen, oven gloves, tea towels, salt and pepper, tin foil and cling film. We also provide you with essential amenities such as a starter pack of toilet roll, kindling, firelighters and matches. If you run out of any amenities, you can purchase extras from the Island Shop.
- The Island Shop stocks enough for your basic needs, but you will need to bring your own fresh food.
- For guests who would like to stay connected, there is Wi-Fi access in the village hall.
- All cottages are non-smoking.
Sawmill cottage is 15 minutes’ walk from the landing pontoon along a well-maintained path, past the lily pond. This was once the reservoir for the old hydraulic saw machinery that processed all the wood building materials at the turn of the last century. You then go down a secluded track and there lies Sawmill Cottage, facing west, overlooking its own very private bay. It has a picnic table plus a little camp fire pit surrounded by stools made of tree stumps. The lane down to the cottage leads to nowhere – you will be disturbed by no one …very romantic indeed. Sawmill Cottage is also the ideal place to see the rare red squirrel.
layout & features
Single storey 1 bedroom (sleeps 2)
Open plan sitting room / dining / kitchen
Gas hob & electric cooker
Fridge / freezer
Bathroom, bath, WC & basin, soap
Well equipped kitchen
Coal-burning stove back-boiler (1 bag of coal included)
Night storage heaters
White Egyptian cotton bed linen & towels