- The cottage season opens at the end of March and closes at the end of October.
- Some cottages are available outside the season and for Christmas and New Year. Longer lets are also available in certain cottages.
- Dogs are welcome (limit of 2) with a cleaning supplement in all cottages, with the exception of Timber Cottage. In the summer months, there are ticks in the long grass and we highly recommend you give your dog tick treatment before arrival.
- A RIB is used to transport you to the island on arrival and departure days. A quad and trailer will transport your luggage to your cottage then again on departure (South Shore only by boat).
- There is the opportunity to leave the island on a Wednesday. Journeys outside this can be negotiated but are subject to a charge of £40 each way.
- We provide towels, bed linen, oven gloves, tea towels, salt and pepper, tin foil and cling film. We also provide you with essential amenities such as a starter pack of toilet roll, kindling, firelighters and matches. If you run out of any amenities, you can purchase extras from the Island Shop.
- The Island Shop stocks enough for your basic needs, but you will need to bring your own fresh food.
- For guests who would like to stay connected, there is Wi-Fi access in the village hall.
- All cottages are non-smoking.
Shepherd's Cottage has recently been beautifully refurbished - this romantic cottage is an off-grid, remote and private paradise, with spectacular views. An ideal place to celebrate anniversaries or weddings.
This charming cottage has been completely renovated with tongue and groove interiors throughout. There is a spacious bathroom with a Victorian roll top bath, a king size bed and a comfortable sitting room with magnificent views. The cottage has a gas fridge and is lit by atmospheric gas lamps (tuition will be given on arrival as to how to manage them). Heating and hot water run from a wood burner, and water comes from a private spring (the fresh peaty water is filtered and safe to drink).The cottage is a 45 minute walk along the North Channel coastal path from the island jetty.
layout & features
Single storey, 1 bedroom (sleeps 2)
Well equipped kitchen with gas cooker & gas fridge
Sitting / dining room with coal burning stove
Bathroom with bath, WC & basin, soap
Coal burning stove (2 bags of coal included)
White Egyptian cotton bed linen & towels