- The cottage season opens at the end of March and closes at the end of October.
- Some cottages are available outside the season and for Christmas and New Year. Longer lets are also available in certain cottages.
- Dogs are welcome (limit of 2) with a cleaning supplement in all cottages, with the exception of Timber Cottage. In the summer months, there are ticks in the long grass and we highly recommend you give your dog tick treatment before arrival.
- A RIB is used to transport you to the island on arrival and departure days. A quad and trailer will transport your luggage to your cottage then again on departure (South Shore only by boat).
- There is the opportunity to leave the island on a Wednesday. Journeys outside this can be negotiated but are subject to a charge of £40 each way.
- We provide towels, bed linen, oven gloves, tea towels, salt and pepper, tin foil and cling film. We also provide you with essential amenities such as a starter pack of toilet roll, kindling, firelighters and matches. If you run out of any amenities, you can purchase extras from the Island Shop.
- The Island Shop stocks enough for your basic needs, but you will need to bring your own fresh food.
- For guests who would like to stay connected, there is Wi-Fi access in the village hall.
- All cottages are non-smoking.
Timber Cottage is a bright, freshly-designed cosy cottage situated ten minutes along the track from the island pontoon, just beyond the Village Hall. The spacious wood-lined interior has an open plan kitchen, a coal-burning stove, and a writing desk with views beyond Tioram Cottage to the sparkling waters of Loch Moidart and Castle Tioram itself. The luxurious bathroom has twin sinks, a Victorian roll top bath and separate WC. Under the tree canopy towards the rear of the cottage is a private campfire and seating area. Timber Cottage is not suitable for dogs.
Timber is available to let over Christmas and New Year.
layout & features
1 bedroom (sleeps 2)
Well equipped kitchen
Open plan sitting room/dining/ kitchen
Gas cooker and fridge-freezer
Ensuite bathroom with roll top bath & double basins
Coal-burning stove back-boiler (1 bag of coal included)
White Egyptian Cotton bed linen and towels