”L.W A wonderful world to escape to, beautiful setting and very comfortable… The walks around the island are wonderful, through magical forests, and the swimming a joy.
Set on the shorefront of Loch Moidart, Tioram is our largest holiday cottage, sleeping 8 in two double and two twin rooms. It is an elegant stone-built house, extensively modernised and furnished to a very high standard, the large, sea-facing windows have stunning views over the loch to Tioram Castle. The large kitchen and open plan sitting room is ideal for families and friends to gather. The cottage is a 10 minute walk away from the island pontoon, down its own little track. It has its own private bay area, with a campfire pit and picnic table.
Tioram is available to let over Christmas and New Year.
layout & features
- The cottage season opens at the end of March and closes at the end of October.
- Some cottages are available outside the season and for Christmas and New Year. Longer lets are also available in certain cottages.
- Dogs are welcome (limit of 2) with a cleaning supplement in all cottages, with the exception of the Sail Loft. In the summer months, there are ticks in the long grass and we recommend you give your dog tick treatment before arrival.
- A RIB is used to transport you to the island on arrival and departure days. A quad and trailer will transport your luggage to your cottage then again on departure (South Shore only by boat).
- There is the opportunity to leave the island on a Wednesday. Journeys outside this can be negotiated but are subject to a charge of £40 each way.
- We provide towels, bed linen, oven gloves, tea towels, salt and pepper, tin foil and cling film. We also provide you with essential amenities such as a starter pack of toilet roll, kindling, firelighters and matches. If you run out of any amenities, you can purchase extras from the Island Shop.
- The Island Shop stocks enough for your basic needs, but you will need to bring your own fresh food.
- For guests who would like to stay connected, there is Wi-Fi access in the village hall.
- All cottages are non-smoking.
Respect for the environment is our core principle in how we manage and run the island. We make every effort to be plastic-free and carbon neutral on the island with no cars and plentiful wood supply. All our electricity comes from the local hydro-electric power station. Our water supply comes from the hills. We are meticulous with our recycling and use only bio-cleaning products. We understand our role in the guardianship of the island and our mission is to protect this vital environment for future generations.